Riding the Aya Bus【英語版乗り方案内】
- Please check the Aya Bus route map for the stop closest to your starting location and destination.
- Arrive at the bus stop slightly ahead of departure time, standing where you can be seen by the driver. Sometimes due to the shape of the road, there may be only one bus stop (as opposed to one on each side of the street). If you are headed in the opposite direction, please stand on the opposite side of the road from the bus stop.
- To ensure you are headed in the right direction, tell the bus driver the name of the station you want to get off at when you are boarding. If you are able, you can also check the bus number and destination displayed on the front of the bus.
- Take a numbered ticket from the machine near the door when you get on the bus if one is available to take. For many stops one won’t be necessary. The numbered ticket and fare will be submitted together when you pay getting off the bus.【Please take a numbered ticket here】
- Press the button when the stop you want to get off at is announced on the bus. These buttons can be found throughout the bus (shown in the photo).
- Payment is received when getting off the bus, and collected with a numbered ticket when necessary. The easiest way to pay is by preparing five 100-yen coins ahead of time. If you are unsure of how much to pay, hold the five coins out in your hand and the drive will take what is necessary (the longest trip is 500 yen). Payment methods are cash or coupon ticket, and are collected at the fare box next to the driver. Commuter passes and one-day passes should be shown to the driver. (Those who receive fare reductions or exemptions need to show a disability certificate).
*If you wish to exchange money, please tell the driver while the bus is stopped.